Connecting with your target audience can be challenging, but one of the best ways to get it done is by taking advantage of all that Google has to offer businesses. Studies have shown that almost half of Google searches are looking for information and recommendations locally, which makes it even more important to have a strong online presence that utilizes Google My Business. One of the cornerstones of your local strategy should be Google, and this guide to Google My Business will help you to get started.
What Is Google My Business?
Google My Business used to be referred to as Google Local and Google Places, and it is how Google organizes its business listings. It is a great place to get yourself in front of local customers and potential customers. All local businesses of every size should be using the features that the platform offers.
The key features in this guide to Google My Business include:
- Google Knowledge Panel: This is in the information that is displayed over search results or near the top of the page on mobile devices when someone searches for your business. It contains basic pieces of information like your address, phone number, website, hours of operation and photos.
- Google Local Pack: This is the set of three top business listings that will show to the user under the map whenever someone runs a local search. For example, if they search for Italian restaurants, it will show three relevant Italian restaurants that are local to the user.
- Google Maps: Finally, Google Maps is another key part of Google My Business. The app and the desktop version both help people who are looking for specific businesses, general business searches and directions.
With our help and this guide to Google My Business, it’s easy to get off to a great start.
What Are the Benefits of Google My Business?
There are many benefits that Google My Business offers at no charge to businesses, which means that there is no excuse not to participate. Some of the benefits include:
- You will be able to appear on Google Maps and the local pack section and have accurate, timely information displayed through optimizing your Google My Business listing. Without creating a listing for yourself, you will either not be displayed at all or have a profile that is incomplete or wrong.
- When you complete this guide to Google My Business, you will also have an easier time collecting reviews from customers that help to attract new customers who are looking to see proof of your quality services and products. Many searchers want to read reviews before deciding where to go, and 5-star reviews help to increase their confidence in working with you.
- Google My Business also gives you the chance to learn more about the reaction to your business and engagement with your business than other services offer. Through your Google My Business listing, you will be able to see the number of views that your profile receives, the search terms that people are using to discover your business, the engagement that your profile gets, the demographic information of your audience and the number of clicks you get on your website and phone calls.
Do You Need to Pay to Use Google My Business?
One of the best things about completing this guide to Google My Business is getting access to a wealth of information for free. There is no premium option, so Google gives you total access to all of the features that the program offers just by completing your page. All businesses are eligible, and you can start working on your profile for free. This makes it different from other tools that have some features for free and others only on a subscription basis.
How To Start Optimizing Your Google My Business Listing
Setting up Google My Business is very easy, and Gauge Digital Media is here to provide you with guidance as you need it. To start the optimization process, start your listing and complete the profile as much as possible by adding your business name, category, location, address and other categories. Google will walk you through each step to help determine where and when to display your information and make sure that there is not already an existing listing for your business.
Why You Need a Google My Business Listing
If you haven’t convinced yourself to start a listing yet, it’s important to consider the benefits of Google My Business weighed with the cost. Google is the most dominant search engine on the market by a large margin (90+% of the market), and almost half of the searches performed are looking for services locally. If you want to get access to all of the potential customers near you who are looking for businesses like yours for free, creating a Google My Business listing is the best way to do so. Businesses who are interested in improving their SEO and utilizing local SEO should also take time to complete and develop a Google My Business profile. Through it, you will gain access to new advertising features that can help to give you a piece of the local search volume for your category and business type. Are you ready to get started? Gauge Digital Media is here to help you complete your profile and explore all that Google can do to improve your business and your bottom line.
We Are Here to Help Grow Your Business Online and Through Search Engine Optimization
Working with a professional digital marketing company is the best way to make the most of your website and all that Facebook Pixel, LinkedIn ads, Google Analytics and other digital advertising platforms have to offer. To learn more about the best digital marketing strategies for your company and reach a bigger audience than ever before, work with Gauge Digital Media. For a quote or to schedule a call, contact us at (443) 201-7709.